DEPARTMENT: Field Crew
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Full Time
POSITION REPORTS TO: Demolition Supervisor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: TBD
The position is a Supervisor Development position. The position will oversee/participate in abatement activities, building demolition, heavy equipment operation as well as heavy equipment on-site maintenance. The position will be trained in supervisory duties in preparation of promotion into a supervisory role. This Position requires reliable transportation and the willingness to travel to job sites within the state of Connecticut. Must have the ability to work flexible hours and at times weekends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Operates several types of equipment, such as skid steers, excavators, lulls, bulldozers, crushers, etc.
- Knowledge of loading and the ability to transport small equipment according to DOT regulations.
- Repairs and assesses malfunctions, rebuilds, and performs maintenance on heavy equipment on the job site.
- Hazardous materials (hazmat) removal - identify and dispose of asbestos, lead, PCBs and other hazardous materials.
- Can read plans, in an assistant role, demolition procedures, specifications, work schedules, and material needs and/or supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in field demolition projects, such as asbestos abatement and building demolition.
- Be a competent person and identify worksite hazards relating to OSHA regulations such as slip, trip and fall hazards.
- OSHA 30 hour
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Secondary education in Construction or Project Management preferred
- CDL license preferred
- Abatement licensing preferred
- Job site safety - OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with reading blueprints
- 1-3 years’ experience operating equipment preferred
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects
- Strong oral and written communications abilities
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Computer literate with ability to use all related hardware and software